Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm Moving!!!!

So here's the dealio...
I moved home after I graduated from college. I got a job fairly quickly, and am now working on studying for the GRE. I love being home, I mean, I have the best family in the world! But, at the same time, we live in small town. Everybody knows everybody, you can't do anything without the whole town finding out, nothing exciting ever happens, and about 60% of my high school graduating class is still here...ugh. For all these reasons and more, I have been trying to find a way to move since I moved back. I would move back to my college town, but I feel like I would never grow if I moved back there. It is a wonderful place that I love dearly, and I will visit as much as I can for the rest of my life, but I can't live there. Not just yet. I need a place where I can grow as a person, a place that has cheap apartments, a place where I actually have a chance at finding a job that will pay enough so I can live in a cheap apartment without starving, and a place where I can find a roommate who isn't crazy.
I started my search in Washington DC. I visited there when I was a junior in high school for a choir competition, and have wanted to live there ever since. It is beautiful, a big city, and looks like a really fun place to live! I started looking around for apartment prices, but couldn't find one under $1000 a month. Ok, so I would just have to get a roommate who would be cool living in a studio, I'm sure there is someone out there who would be up for that right?? Maybe not...ok time to look for jobs to pay for my $1000 a month studio apartment in case the roommate thing doesn't work out. Most of the jobs I applied for responded with an email that read something like, "Thank you for your interest in our company. After reviewing your qualifications, we have decided we need a candidate with a bit more experience. Blah, blah, blah." Others just didn't bother responding at all. I looked at NYC next, but it was the same, except the apartments were way more expensive.
After accepting the possibility of living at home for another year or so, I got a letter from a friend of mine serving a mission. She said was coming back in June, and was planning on attending BYU-Provo in the fall. She hadn't figured out where she was going to live yet, but she was very excited for classes to start. After reading her letter, I had a light bulb moment, *hallelujah playing in the background* - I could move to Utah! Utah had never been on my radar of places to move, and I don't even know why, I love it there! I visited my grandparents who live there every year, and always had fun. And with my friend moving out there, I wouldn't have to find and live with a roommate I didn't know! I don't have a job yet, but I'm pretty sure  I could get one fairly easily with my family living out there. It won't be amazing, but it'll pay the bills, and there's always an adventure to be had in a new job. And the apartments are fairly cheap so pretty much any job would do! All of the sudden everything fell into place. So now, I can officially say that in August, I AM MOVING TO UTAH!!! I'm just a tad excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment