Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ready to Work :)


  So far I am absolutely loving Utah! I haven’t started my job just yet, but I have still been busy, busy, busy. My room is absolutely adorable! It has blue walls, white furniture, a bed with pink sheets, and black wall hangings. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I did rather well with the decorating. It’s not done yet, I still want to get a flower, and another 2 picture frames for the walls, but it is definitely coming along nicely.



  Hannele and Madeline left for a camping trip on Wednesday (I couldn’t go because my ankle started acting up and didn’t want to hurt it and/or slow them down on their hikes), so I have had a lot of time to explore and spend time with family. Having Aunt Sue live only 1 mile away is a lot of fun! She took me around on a tour of Salt Lake City earlier this week; this is one cool city! It has pretty much anything and everything I could possibly want in a city. Plus, I am only about 20 minutes from a ski resort so there will be a lot of skiing this winter, as long as my ankle approves haha J
  After staying with Aunt Sue’s family, I headed down to Provo to visit with Grandma and Grandpabill. Grandma taught me how to make stew, and an oriental meal complete with egg rolls and an oriental salad; it was so good!
  Funny story: Grandpabill was about to leave for a baptism in Salt Lake City. He was waiting in the kitchen, when he suddenly stood up, looked outside and said, “I completely forgot! I’ll be right back, I have to go bless my lawn.” I thought he was kidding, but when I looked at my cousin Josh, he just smiled and nodded his head. We both started chuckling at that point. It turns out Grandpabill blesses his lawn before he leaves everyday. I have never heard of anyone doing that before, and I find it to be quite hilarious. But I will say, he has one of the prettiest lawns I have ever seen, so it must be working haha.
  I was also able to see a couple movies while I was there. I saw Cowboys and Aliens with Josh – he loved it, I thought it was really weird. It was well done, the acting was impressive, and the fight scenes were pretty awesome, but overall it was just a really weird movie. I saw The Help with Josh and my other cousin Kelly – it was AMAZING!!!!! I loved everything about this movie! The script, the acting, the costumes, the directing, everything! It was such an impressive movie; I will definitely be seeing it again as soon as I can. I saw 17 miracles with a friend of mine, Jeremy – it’s the story of the Willie/Martin Handcart Company. It was a very touching movie, and very hard to watch at times. It is always amazing to see what people can endure when they are determined.
  Hannele and Madeline come home from the camping trip tonight, and I start my job tomorrow!!! I am so excited!! I’m also a tad nervous, but I think it’s going to be great! Hope everything is going well with all of you! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You will be wonderful; they are lucky to have you!!!!

    ReplyDelete